Monday, September 21, 2009
A few random things I haven't told you about St. Lucia
1. Public urination is an everyday sight. No one thinks it out of the ordinary when there is a man in town peeing on the town hall building.
2. Lucian dogs could quite possibly be hornier than the men. On average, I see 3.7 dogs humping another dog per day. Sometimes they have group orgies. I saw one this morning at 7:30 am.
3. They only have escalators going up. Never down.
4. The bank machines take back your money after 5 seconds and you cannot access the money again until the next working day. The next working day implies a week from then. Not so good for PCVs when rent is due.
5. There are often too many people working at a given store. Many of which are just there for security purposes.
6. When you have locks and a female, you are automatically an empress. :D
7. Soy milk is often cheaper than regular milk.
8. You typically only eat one meal on a Sunday.
9. "Julie" mangos are quite possibly the best thing on this planet; and I get to eat a ton!
10. The macheneel tree is everywhere in St. Lucia. One of the most poisonous trees on this planet. The leaves alone will leave your skin burning for days.