Friday, June 19, 2009

Pumpkin Pie Bread Recipe

  • First, I baked a wedge of fresh pumpkin in the oven frosted with butter, cloves, and cinnamon for about an hour until soft.
Then, I took off the cloves and the pumpkin peel and hand blended the pumpkin into puree.

Preheat the oven (I do not have a thermometer on my oven - so I am estimating- med-high heat). Butter the trays that you are going to use.

Mix the flour, soda, powder, spice mix, and salt in one bowl. Then combine the sugars, vanilla, oil eggs and pumpkin puree into another bowl. Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture alternately with the water until thoroughly mixed.

Bake until fork comes out clean...I think about 45 min???

I added chocolate on the last batch and it was delicious! You can add walnuts, almonds, bananas, coconut or whatever else your creative mind can think up! It makes a good batch size, so cut the recipe in half if you are only making it for yourself!

3 1/2 cups flour
2 cups white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
4 eggs (3 if you want it less cake-like)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons spice mix (I used fresh grated cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves)
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup vegetable oil (or 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup applesauce)
2 cups fresh pumpkin puree
1/2 cup water

Pumpkin Pie Bread Recipe

No comments: